Here’s a few of the projects I’m currently working on:
- ALONSO FAMILY
- Research of maternal line – Mexico (Coahuila, Chihuahua, San Luis Potosí)
- GRATTON FAMILY
- Development of primary surname line from New Hampshire, USA to Montreal, Canada, to Luçon, France.
- Historical essay on Gratton family emigration from Canada into USA in the late 1800s.
- Development of Farnan line from Montreal Canada to Co. Tyrone, Ireland.
- MORGAN FAMILY
- Monthly newsletter
- Research on John Morgan, Ardee, Co.Louth, Ireland
- Development of maternal lines since emigration to the USA in the mid 1850s
- SMITH FAMILY
- Development of several branches back from Victoria, Australia to Tasmania, Australia, and England
- Research into military career of notable ancestors
- YOUNG FAMILY
- Development of paternal line from Melbourne, VIC to Paisley, Scotland.
- WAR GRAVES WORKING GROUP – Established in 2012 initially to provide proper care of Victoria Cross recipient gravesites in Victoria, Australia and to undertake research on War Veterans graves in Victorian Cemeteries, the WGWG has since expanded to meet a steady flow of research requests for veterans who have no gravesite commemoration, or who may have once been commemorated but whose gravesites have been either decommissioned or fallen into disrepair.
- Creation and maintenance of database incorporating all veterans discovered for research, all related details and current status of same.
- GLEN EIRA HONOUR ROLL BOARD – This is a small group working closely with the Glen Eira City Council in Victoria to develop biographies on every name listed on their Honour Roll Board located in the Town Hall. Glen Eira is a unique community as there was a very high percentage of young men and women who enlisted for service in WWI from this small suburb of Melbourne. The names on the Honour Roll Board are only given as first initials and surname. Due to the amount of time that has passed since the First World War, many of these individuals are no longer known, often even by their own surviving families.
- Research listed individuals through all available record sources and create biographical sketches. Sources include, but are not limited to, their service dossier, local vital records, probate records, newspaper articles and announcements. Where possible we reach out to surviving family members as well.
- Creation and maintenance of database comprising all individuals listed on the Honour Roll Board, and related details.
- Working with Butterfly, the Council and the Group to create a website to make these records available to the public and highlight the outstanding contribution this one small council made.